Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I <3 Mini

In the car buying process, there were moments when I wasn't sure if down the road I would regret my decision to get my Mini. Luckily, I haven't even for a moment yet.

Just yesterday I had the greatest urge to go drive - just open the sunroof, turn up the Dave, and drive. I was abruptly awakened when I remembered that I'd moved to Connecticut where 95 is jammed right into sunset and there really isn't a place to take nice drive and not hit traffic or a bunch of lights - an unfortunate realization, but I still enjoyed the short jaunt into Darien.

And today, as happens every time someone I know sees my car, two friends of mine asked me if I felt like Charlize Theron behind the wheel and wanted to go do some great heist. My response: everyday.

Now of course it doesn't mean the world to me (and my hope is that no material ever does), but my little Mini brings me a bit of joy everyday. Judging my Forbes, I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way...


If she lasts that long, I will most definitely love her for 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment